Monday 19 February 2007

So Far So Good

I'm fine, by the way.

I keep getting bouts of PMT-like hormonal imbalance - i.e. I'm a grumpy unpredictable cow. No change there then. But I seem to have some of those tranquilising hormones knocking about too, which is good. I'm also farting like a trooper, and my boobs have started exuding a very particular type of Pregnancy Sweat, which has its very own smell. I remember it clearly from last time. Most odd. Personally I don't think it smells too bad, but others may not agree...

It's a messy business, procreation.

I have a relaxed week planned. Lots of yoga, early to bed every night. Well, that's the plan. Unfortunately I haven't yet reached the point where coffee and alcohol are unpalatable. So I keep wanting beer. Bother.

I nipped out this morning to buy nice biscuits from M&S for my colleagues, as part of the traditional Good News ritual, but then realised that if anything goes wrong I don't really want all my colleagues to be doing the what-on-earth-do-we-say-to-her dance, so have decided to hang fire on a General Office Announcement until I reach 12 weeks. Which means I'll have to eat the biscuits all to myself. What a shame.

I need some fatter trousers.

Seriously. I'm blooming all over the place. Breasts, tummy, you name it. I feel ripe. I probably smell ripe, too. I look pregnant already.

Last time, I didn't have to combine pregnancy with work. I was too ill. I went off sick at 8 weeks and didn't return until a year later. But this time I'm determined not to be ill. Which means I'll have to sit around in a neat prim office being all primal and earthy and, well, pregnant.

Right. I'm off to feel smug and pat my tummy some more.

3 comments:

Lucy Diamond said...

Biscuits...excellent pregnancy kit. As well as tasting nice, all that crunching is perfect for disguising the sound of pregnancy farts. Shame they don't mask the stench but hey ho, you can't have it all.

Enjoy the tummy patting, m'dear!

Rob said...

You could always rename blog # 1 as Boob Stenchy.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, biscuits.

Except that I'm trying to be all pure and let no processed food pass my lips. Raw organis ingredients only, prepared from scratch.

I need to start making biscuits.