Thursday 18 January 2007

Eh? I Can't Hear You

I know, that last post was probably a bit graphic for some tastes. There’s not much point in me apologising, as I’m bound to keep doing it, but - well, sorry.

I suspect the pattern of this blog will be total silence for the first two weeks of every month, followed by manic wittering as I try and get preggers and start obsessing about whether I am or not.

People keep telling me that it works much better if you don’t consciously try. To which I say, HAHAHAHA! I am a rampant control freak. It ain’t gonna happen. Sorry. Even if I close my eyes and turn the other way and pretend not to be noticing what time of month it is, or caring whether my boobs happen to be ever-so-slightly more tender than they were ten minutes ago, it ain’t going to fool anyone, least of all my reproductive organs.

According to my aunt, human beings are reflexive ovulators - i.e. we ovulate on demand (after sex. Did you know you need to have sex BEFORE you ovulate? Well you do. It takes a while for the little buggers to get where they need to be).

Anyway, I’m still going to pretend I’m not trying to fill my belly with baby, and see if I can fool myself into getting up the duff to spite me.

Hey, you never know. It might work.

In the meantime I’m gonna get me some gratuitous not-even-fertile free bonus sex. Just cos I’m developing a taste for it. [and because I’m worried Him Indoors is feeling a little used, but shhhh]

So anyway, I just might start being fertile again next Thursday. Not that I’m counting or anything. Oh no. I haven’t a clue in fact. Babies? What? Dunno what you’re talking about.

5 comments:

sallywrites said...

Enjoy the fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,...
the reflex ovulator thing was bothering me..
so I did a google search, humans are spontaneous ovulators, not reflex ovulators... not unless you are part cat!

Thing that struct me was, if we were reflex ovulators then it wouldn't be possible for a girl to get pregnant on her first time... which she can (and women do)... so we can't be...

but it's a good excuse to be getting some... :-) so carry on!

Occasionally Lost said...

Ah, well now, Ms Clever Clogs...

Firstly, there has been (according to my aunt, who's a health visitor and active member of the NCT) research to suugest that, contrary to previous wisdom, humans are in fact partially reflexive ovulators. That is to say, ovulation will happen spontaneously, but it will also sometimes happen in response to sperm.

And secondly, you obviously weren't paying attention. The sperm take a ocuple of days to reach the fallopian tubes. So if an egg is released after sex, then by the time the sperm get there, the egg will be there ready and waiting, and - hey presto - you got yourself a baby. So this means not only is it possible for virgin sex to result in pregnancy, it makes it more likely.

So there. ;o)

Anonymous said...

So, presumably we're on the two week quiet time?

Hanging on for any news....

PS sorry, not yet in habit of logging into new blogger first...

Occasionally Lost said...

Well no...

[see latest post]